Tuesday 5 August 2008

The Joys of Blogging

Before I started “You will never think of them in the same way again” my view of blogging was of someone jotting down their thoughts on a word processor on their laptop adding a few relevant pictures, connecting to the internet and uploading everything in a click. Then off they go getting on with life and finding more to blog about. Simple yes? NO!!!!!.

My previous post took ages to get posted, first using Bloggers own create and publish facility I couldn’t format text from large size to small and then the Bold and Italic format settings got mixed up, even when I went into the html code the formatting would not save. I’m really surprised because I have always found that anything associated with Google is generally easy to use and works very well.

I also find Bloggers editing/creating interface is cramped with a little window to type.


When I tried to introduce the images I got another error


So I then decided to use BlogJet which I downloaded on a months trial, I haven’t been that impressed and cant see what features justify paying £24 for the same functionality that I get for free with Blogger, don’t get me wrong I don’t mind paying for software but I can not see a justification in this case.

Again I got an error when I tried to publish the post with images.

Eventually I gave up and left the post on “You will never think of them in the same way again” without any images. Surely, that’s not right images are a vital ingredient to illustrate my story, am I the only Blogger who has problems? I get the impression that there are many bloggers who have a limited knowledge of html etc and successfully blog each day.

This morning I edited the post and managed to upload the images too, why couldn’t it work right last night?

When I first thought about blogging I looked at the options between Blogger and Wordpress, it could well be my background in database programming that I was leaning towards the more flexible Wordpress but looking through the Help and tutorial files it seemed far too complicated, what was the point in spending time learning a new software package because I had left the thrill of doing that a long way behind, all I want to do is type out my posts and get on with my art work. But now Wordpress does look like a serious way forward.

No comments: