Thursday 12 June 2008

Burnt Out Car in Scribbers Lane Hall Green Birmingham

Walking the dogs this morning I came across my latest beautiful photo model, so the dogs had a very quick run out then I dashed home for my camera. Incidentally, this is the exact location I found the first car that got me involved in this art form about 4 years ago.

When I returned and inspected the surfaces of the Vauxhall I was very disappointed, it seemed there was no markings worth recording. The fire brigade had not attended this fire and therefore the wreck was completely burnt out with no scorch marks on paintwork and because the firemen had not power hosed the fire all the metal was coated with a thick often crusty ash.

Then suddenly the surfaces began to appear I'm not sure why but it could be because of a change in the light caused by a dark cloud cover. In the end I finished up taking a total of 400 photos which is 400 more than I thought at one stage.

Apart from photographing the cars I'm always fascinated by the reaction of people who walk past, this lady was very interested.

Both her and dog looked to old to walk any distance but I found that not only had they come a long way but their walk was going to take them another 2 miles, so never presume.

No comments: