Friday 16 January 2009

A sleepless night wondering if everything will be ok


Yesterday we set the artwork out on the gallery floor so that we could see how each piece looked in the space and how each one harmonised with the other work. I was a little worried because it doesn’t matter how good a picture looks on a monitor or hard copy its still hit or miss if it works printed on glass and at at that stage you can’t see detail in the pictures and therefore they look disappointing. I was very relieved when all the pictures where hung on white wall with the lighting in the right position.

Once again thanks to the staff at the arts complex who did all the installation for me, luxury.

1 comment:

frillip moolog: said...

I hope the opening went really well John. I was sorry to have missed tonight but you can be sure that I will visit it very soon.