Tuesday 10 February 2009

Weather Disrupts the Whole of the UK and My Exhibition

enjoying the snow

With global warming and climate change we don’t get real seasons now certainly not as pronounced as when I was young, I remember doing my paper round with the snow so deep that it even fell into the top of my wellies. I have a project on my Flickr site “The Last Snow Ever To fall in Yardley Wood” (Yardley Wood is a 2 square mile area of Birmingham were I live). So every time it snows enough to cover a layer on the ground I take a photograph so that if it is the last snow ever I have recorded it.

services disrupted because of the snow

We recently had a lot more snow than normal in fact the worst for 18 years and while the whole country was disrupted (including as you can see the weekly rubbish collection didn’t happen) I rather smugly said that the snow doesn’t really affect me as I can work from home, but then I realised nobody is able to get to my exhibition.

Art Exhibitionat Solihull

Exhibition Title: You Will Never Look at Them in the Same Way Again

Venue: Solihull Gallery

Address: Solihull Arts Complex, Library Square, Touchwood, Homer Road, Solihull, West Midlands

Dates: 19th January - 7th March

Theres an Artist Talk event on Thursday 26th February at 6pm

No comments: