Monday 23 February 2009

A Visit To My Exhibition To Take Some Photographs

When ever I have my artwork in an exhibition I try to take as many photographs as I can of people interacting with the work, the image, the printing on glass, the concept of taking something that on the surface looks so horrible and turning it into a beautiful piece of art that would look attractive on any wall. A living room, office, lounge, in fact because of the nature of the images and presentation on glass: well any room even a bathroom.

art exhibitions west midlands

My favourite photo is this one from last years Birmingham ArtFest as you can see I like to get creative rather than just have a boring picture of someone standing in front of a picture..

Pictures on the wall

I’ve been waiting for a good sunny day to go and photograph my exhibition at the Solihull Arts Complex. Reading that you would imagine it was an outside event, well it’s as good as because the gallery opens out to the square through very large French windows and of course with a low winter sun it illuminates the artwork just right.

artwork contemporary artwork to put on the wall

Canvas Art

Gallery art

Fine Art

abstract wall ideas Touchwood Solihull Solihull Arts Complex

You can imagine my disappointment when I arrived at the gallery to find tables and chairs set out for some kind of event, this meant that I couldn’t as intended do a panorama photograph were I stitch about 20 photos together to achieve one large image

art for kids

Because of the half term school holiday Kathryn Pettitt was delivering an art session for school children as a holiday extension to the Saturday morning events for 7 to 14 year olds. So I managed to utilize this different opportunity to take photos of the work using the parents and children as my models. The show is on until 7th March and I have no doubt I will have another sunny day and chance to capture the panorama.

art for young people

If your around the West Midlands area have a look at the exhibition.

Exhibition Title:

You Will Look at Them in the Same Way Again

Venue:

Solihull Gallery

Address:

Solihull Arts Complex
Library Square
Touchwood
Homer Road
Solihull

Dates: 19th January - 7th March

There is an Artist Talk event on Thursday 26th February at 6pm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh this is fabulous! Cool! that Canvas Art looks fantastic.