Friday 18 July 2008

And I Always Thought Blogging Was Supposed To Be Easy!

I have tried to upload a few posts to the “You Will Never Look at Them in the Same Way Again” without any success. I would of thought that “Blogger” the weblog publishing tool from Google would in line with all their free products be good and easy to use, after all I have heard stories of seriously none technical folk just starting a blog and getting on with it. But I have had nothing but trouble:



1) You will notice that the text size formatting throughout my blog is very inconsistent, that is not surprising because what ever formatting I set in the Blogger tool what ends up on   “You Will Never Look at Them in the Same Way Again” is totally different


2) Now when I try to upload I get an error that html code is not compatible, so I had a look at the code and found references to MS Word that appeared to be the offending code. I use MS Word to WP my post so that I could spell check. So I did various things like converting the word document to a txt doc before pasting into Blogger again Blogger rejected the post. So then followed a few other options including typing direct into Blogger and still I get errors.


So now I’m using a 30 day trial on a posting programme called BlogJet, on first impression I don’t know if it’s worth paying £23 for it, things like Help and List of Features are virtually none existent. Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind paying for software utilities but you want a bit of substance for your money. Any comments on were I should go from here? Mind you looks like it works 

No comments: