Wednesday 30 July 2008

Open Art 08 Towcester

Great to hear that Open Art Towcester is taking place this year.

Sat 13 – Sun 14 September 2008

Nicholas Hawksmoor Primary School
Balmoral Close,
Towcester,
Northants
NN12 6JA

I took part in last years show and really enjoyed myself and if you are a Midland artist reading this I would recommend you submit an application too.

A picture from Open Art 2007

Towcester unlike a large town or city does not have an art gallery and so this weekend event was originally put on to meet this need in some small way. The show began 4 years ago organised by parents and teachers at Nicholas Hawksmoor Primary School. I could somehow understand if this was based around a large comprehensive with a leaning towards the arts but I think its even more remarkable and unique because it takes place at a primary school.

I spoke to one of the organisers Morag Ballantyne earlier this year and she said that there was a possibility that it wouldn’t continue because the children of the parents who were involved in the past had moved on to senior schools and she doubted there would be the same commitment.

No comments: